Michele Gruenhage is a Canadian Certified Counsellor and Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology, who is passionate about helping people experience greater mental and emotional wellness by working through the issues that make them feel stuck, triggered, or unable to function to their full potential. She has completed level 3 training in Gottman Couples Therapy, Gottman’s Bringing Baby Home training, Gottman’s Trauma and Addiction training, and is a trainer in Observed & Experiential Integration (OEI), which is a method for processing trauma.
As a therapist, Michele manages to be both sensitive and direct. She creates a comfortable environment where clients feel safe to open up about the issues that are causing them distress. Many clients come to see Michele for the following:
- Feeling stuck in the same negative conflict patterns
- Feeling more like roommates instead of romantic partners
- Transitioning to parenthood
- Feeling unsure about staying in a relationship or leaving
- Processing the painful experience of separation or divorce
- Recovering from a toxic or abusive relationship
- Wanting to improve a good relationship
- Recovering from trauma and/or PTSD
- Feeling overwhelmed by stress, anxiety, and/or panic attacks
- Feeling depressed and unable to function well
- Recovering from the betrayal of an emotional and/or sexual affair
Michele sees each client as a unique individual shaped in large part by his or her family and culture. We all belong to various cultures, whether that is our ethnic background, family culture, gender culture, sexual orientation, or religious culture etc. Michele is enthusiastic about understanding the client’s unique perspective and works with clients to set personal goals for therapy.
When Michele is not working she is most likely spending time with her family and pets. Michele enjoys watching movies, reading novels, playing games, and being near the ocean or a lake. One of her favourite things is sitting on the patio on a summer night with friends and family, and enjoying a wonderful meal and laughter.
Not in the Langley Area?
We offer intensive multi-day marathon counselling or couples workshops in multiple cities across British Columbia and Alberta.
Don’t throw in the towel – your relationship is worth fighting for
Even though it is easy to lose hope in finding a way out, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Our job is to help you find it.